index » REGELN » MITGLIEDER » PROFIL » TEAM » RESERVIERUNGEN » AVATARE » LISTEN «
Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

// Toronto, ON (SportsNetwork.com) - Tyreke Evans hit a sweeping layup with 1.6 seconds
« Member »
Kein Icon für Gäste!
16.04.2018, 11:00 (Uhr)
Toronto, ON (SportsNetwork.com) - Tyreke Evans hit a sweeping layup with 1.6 seconds left to give the New Orleans Pelicans an improbable 95-93 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Sunday. Despite playing without star big man Anthony Davis (toe) and point guard Jrue Holiday (ankle), the Pelicans rallied around Evans and reserve center Alexis Ajinca, who scored 26 and 22 points, respectively. Evans drew the attention of three Raptors on his game-winning layup, but got it to fall regardless. DeMar DeRozan missed a fadeaway 3 at the buzzer. Evans added five rebounds and five assists, while Ajinca shot 10-for-13 in 34 minutes off the bench. Eric Gordon had 14 points in the win, which moved New Orleans to 2-2 on its five-game road trip. DeRozan led Toronto with 22 points in his third game back from a groin injury. Lou Williams scored 17 points and Greivis Vasquez added 16 and nine assists, as the Raptors fell for the seventh time in their last nine games. Omer Asiks layup on the first possession of the second half gave New Orleans its biggest lead at 16 points, but the Raptors scored 10 of the next 12 points to cut into their deficit. Runs of 7-0 and 9-0 later in the quarter gave them the lead. Vasquezs 3-pointer at 4:44, part of the 9-0 flurry, tied the game at 58, and DeRozans runner on the next possession put the Raptors in front. They scored the last six points of the third and turned a 14-point halftime deficit into a 71-64 lead. A pair of Williams free throws near the midpoint of the fourth made it an 11- point game, but New Orleans had more in the tank down the stretch. Gordons three-point play highlighted the ensuing 9-0 push that had the Pelicans within 87-85. Ajinca tied the game at 89 with his layup, and Asik gave the Pelicans a brief lead with a dunk on the next possession. DeRozen re-tied it with a jumper at the other end. Baskets were at a premium in the early going. Six-plus minutes into the game, the score was just 5-5, as the two teams combined for a 3-for-20 start from the field. New Orleans got a boost from its bench, with all four reserves that played scoring at least two points. Ajinca had six points and the Pelicans led 21-14 after one. Evans dropped 13 of his 15 first-half points in the second quarter, as the visitors extended their lead to 50-36 at halftime. Game Notes The Pelicans outscored Toronto 62-34 in the paint and 18-9 on second-chance points ... Amir Johnson had 14 points and 10 rebounds for Toronto ... Toronto finished its six-game homestand at 2-4. It heads on the road for three games, starting in Milwaukee on Monday ... New Orleans finishes its road trip in New York on Monday. Josh Norman Jersey. First-half goals by Will Bruin and Oscar Boniek Garcia sucked the life out of the Impact as the Houston Dynamo bounced them from Major League Soccers post-season with a 3-0 victory on Thursday. Jordan Reed Jersey. Anything less than gold for either nation is considered a disappointment. Yet for Switzerland, advancing to the semifinal might be a victory in itself. . Re-signed by the club to a one-year, two-way (NHL/AHL) contract on July 5, Bass appeared in three preseason games with Columbus prior to breaking a bone in his hand on Sept. D.J. Swearinger Jersey. The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. Russ Grimm Jersey.S. military base for UFC: Fight for the Troops 3. This fight card, which takes place in Fort Campbell, Kentucky, has had a number of changes, including headliner Lyoto Machida replaced by fellow Brazilian Rafael Natal. LOS ANGELES -- Aaron Hill was having a miserable night at the plate until he got one more chance to redeem himself. A few well-chosen words of encouragement from manager Kirk Gibson didnt hurt. Hill hit a two-run single in the 12th inning and Miguel Montero homered, leading the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 4-2 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday. "Gibby told me in the seventh or eighth inning, Youre going to get the game-winning hit tonight," Hill said. "He knew I was frustrated a little bit, so it just picked me up a little bit and I appreciated it. I dont know if I believed him at the time, but it worked out." Arizona snapped a six-game losing streak and improved to 5-14, the worst record in the majors. To do it, the Diamondbacks had to overcome Juan Uribes tying homer in the ninth off closer Addison Reed. "Obviously, the last week or so has been rough," Hill said. "But every day these guys come in with a great attitude, and it doesnt matter if its extra innings or not. It was a beautiful win tonight. It was refreshing, and hopefully we can keep it going." Chris Perez (0-1) gave up a leadoff double to A.J. Pollock in the 12th and plunked pinch-hitter Cliff Pennington on the left foot as he squared to bunt. Gerardo Parra advanced the runners with a sacrifice, and Hill lined an 0-1 pitch to right-centre to break the tie. The second baseman was hitless in five previous at-bats and didnt hit the ball out of the infield. Joe Thatcher (0-1) pitched 1 1-3 scoreless innings for the victory and six-year veteran Trevor Cahill got three outs for his first major league save. Cahill was 0-4 with a 9.17 ERA in four starts before he was demoted to the bullpen. "I dont think I was spending all day today thinking I was going to get a save tonight," Cahill said. "Youre out there watching the game, then all of a sudden youre in there and you dont have time to think about it. It was a close game, and I guess I got lonelier down there with everybody leaving. But it was fun. "You dont have to worry about pacing yourself. You can just let it go. Its a lot different than starting, because your adrenaline goes so quick. Then its over, and you dont know what happened." The Dodgers had won the first five meetings with the Diamondbacks this year, including both ends of their season-opening series in Sydney and last weekends three-game set at Phoenix.dddddddddddd The Diamondbacks took a 2-1 lead in the ninth when pinch-runner Tony Campana scored on a wild pitch by reliever Chris Withrow, who was attempting to walk Martin Prado intentionally after falling behind him 2-0. "Ive seen that before, but never been a part of it," Dodgers catcher Tim Federowicz said. "I think if I wouldve jumped a little higher I mightve got it." Uribe responded in the bottom half with a one-out homer on a 2-2 pitch from Reed. Six of Uribes last eight regular-season homers have come against the Diamondbacks -- three in an 8-1 victory last Sept. 9 at Dodger Stadium. Arizona starter Wade Miley took a two-hitter and a 1-0 lead into the seventh in his rematch with Zack Greinke, but Scott Van Slyke drove Mileys 108th and final pitch the other way into the right-field pavilion leading off the inning. "It was a fun game to be a part of," Miley said. "Obviously I wasnt enthused about the walks, but I got through it. I told Gibby I wanted to go out there for the seventh and save the bullpen a little more. It wasnt a terrible pitch, but it caught a little more of the plate than I wanted it to and he did a good job with it." Miley struck out eight and walked five in his third start of the season against Los Angeles. Both of the left-handers losses have come against the defending NL West champions, including an 8-5 victory by Greinke last Saturday in Phoenix. "Miley had better command tonight. He attacked more and threw a lot more strikes early," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "The two games before, we were getting into favourable counts." Montero homered in the sixth off Greinke, who struck out eight over six innings as Los Angeles opened a 10-game homestand. NOTES: The Dodgers havent won their first six meetings against a team in their own division since 1988, when they started 6-0 against Atlanta. The Braves were in the NL West at that time. ... Thatcher has not allowed an earned run in his last 32 appearances against the Dodgers spanning 19 innings. ... Thirteen of the last 14 home runs Greinke has allowed have been solo shots, including the last nine. ... Tommy Lasorda and his wife, Jo, celebrated their 64th wedding anniversary at Dodger Stadium. They were a big hit on the "Kiss-Cam" after the fourth inning. Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '

Antworten

[-]
Schnellantwort
Nachricht
Gib hier deine Antwort zum Beitrag ein.

Bestätigung
Bitte den Code im Bild in das Feld eingeben. Dies ist nötig, um automatisierte Spambots zu stoppen.
Bestätigung
(Keine Beachtung von Groß- und Kleinschreibung)

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste