Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

// Melbourne, Australia ( - Two-time defending champion Victoria Azare
« Member »
Kein Icon für Gäste!
13.03.2018, 10:11 (Uhr)
Melbourne, Australia ( - Two-time defending champion Victoria Azarenka and former titlist Maria Sharapova were first-round victors in Tuesdays action at the Australian Open, the first Grand Slam event of the year. On a sweltering Day 2 at Melbourne Park, the former world No. 1 Azarenka, seeded second, defeated Swede Johanna Larsson 7-6 (7-2), 6-2, while the third-seeded former top-ranked star Sharapova handled American Bethanie Mattek-Sands 6-3, 6-4. Azarenka, who lost to the great Serena Williams in a final in Sydney two weeks ago, was tested at Rod Laver Arena. "Yeah it was a tough set first. The match was going to be tricky ... the weather was not helping," Azarenka said. "I had to play a little bit and find my rhythm." Azarenka hasnt lost at this event since 2011, as she defeated two-time runner-up Li Na in last years final and Maria Sharapova in the 2012 championship match. Her second-round opponent on Thursday will be Czech Barbora Zahlavova Strycova, while up next for the career Grand Slam winner Sharapova will be Italian Karin Knapp. Sharapova reached the semifinals the last two years in Melbourne, titled here in 2008, and is a two-time Aussie runner-up. Meanwhile, fifth-seeded Pole Agnieszka Radwanska had her hands full with Yulia Putintseva of Kazakhstan, but eventually posted a 6-0, 5-7, 6-2 victory, and eighth-seeded former world No. 1 Jelena Jankovic of Serbia whipped Japans Misaki Doi 6-1, 6-2. The former Wimbledon runner-up Radwanskas second-round opponent will be Belarusian Olga Govortsova. Tenth-seeded former top-ranked star Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark drilled Spains Lourdes Dominguez Lino 6-0, 6-2, while 11th-seeded rising Romanian Simona Halep also had little trouble in a 6-0, 6-1 victory over Polands Katarzyna Piter, and 13th-seeded American Sloane Stephens erased Kazakhstans Yaroslava Shvedova 7-6 (7-1), 6-3. Stephens shocked Williams in a quarterfinal bout here a year ago. Playing her first Grand Slam match since her New Years Eve engagement to golfer Rory McIlroy, Wozniacki did everything she could to keep cool on Tuesday. "Every time in the changeovers, ice bags, ice towels, everything; and then in the second set I could feel they were starting to heat up even more," Wozniacki said. "I put the bottle down on the court and it started melting a little bit underneath, the plastic, so you knew it was warm." Sixteenth seed Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain moved on with a 6-3, 6-2 victory over American Vania King, while Ukrainian Elina Svitolina swept past 19th-seeded two-time major champion Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia 6-3, 6-3, and 20th-seeded Slovak Dominika Cibulkova subdued former French Open champ Francesca Schiavone 6-3, 6-4. In other action involving seeds, New Zealands Marina Erakovic doused No. 21 Romanian Sorana Cirstea 6-4, 7-6 (8-6); Spains Garbine Muguruza, fresh off her first career WTA title in Hobart last week, took out No. 24 Estonian Kaia Kanepi 6-2, 2-6, 6-2; No. 25 Frenchwoman Alize Cornet was leading Slovenian Polona Hercog 1-0 in the opening set when Hercog retired; No. 29 Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova bested Brazilian Teliana Pereira 7-6 (9-7), 6-4; No. 32 Slovak Magdalena Rybarikova got past former top-10 German Andrea Petkovic 6-2, 6-3; and No. 33 Serb Bojana Jovanovski overcame Slovak Jana Cepelova 6-7 (1-7), 6-1, 6-3. Several other women reached the second round, including Americans Christina McHale and Varvara Lepchenko, Italian Camila Giorgi, and Japans Ayumi Morita and Kurumi Nara. The second round will commence Wednesday, as the current world No. 1 Williams will take on Serb Vesna Dolonc. Williams is a 17-time major singles champ, including an Open Era-record five Aussie Open crowns, with her last one coming in 2010. In other action involving top-10 seeds, a No. 4 Li will encounter Swiss Belinda Bencic and No. 9 German Angelique Kerber will battle Russian Alla Kudryavtseva. Also on Day 3, 14th-seeded former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic will face German Annika Beck and 15th-seeded Wimbledon runner-up Sabine Lisicki of Germany will tangle with Romanian Monica Niculescu. Sean Doolittle Jersey. Each day, provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle. Joe Blanton Jersey. In fact, with a few improvements, this could very well be a decent team over the next few seasons. I will go into more detail when digging into the Canucks Off-Season Game Plan, which will be coming earlier this year since they are part of the non-playoff contingent, there are some reasons to think this is a favourable situation for President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden and whomever he selects to be the new general manager. . They wanna make t-shirts about it and sell them at our next hockey game..DB: Wow, they want to make t-shirts? That sounds pretty amazing.MS: Yeah, I was also on the Top 10, I was number 1 today, so that was pretty cool. Adam Lind Jersey. - After a back-and-forth battle throughout the season, Alex Guenette has earned the 2013 rookie of the year award for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series presented by Mobil 1 by just one point over Ryley Seibert. Michael Taylor Jersey. The Islanders own the fifth pick in the 2014 draft but had until June 1 to decide whether to keep it or defer to 2015. The selection was packaged in the teams deal for Thomas Vanek on October 27, 2013. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen is giving up control of the team because of Alzheimers disease. The 70-year-old Bowlen will no longer be a part of the clubs daily operations, the Broncos announced Wednesday. Team President Joe Ellis is adding the title of chief executive officer and will have final say on all matters. The Broncos say the ownership of the franchise is held in a trust Bowlen set up more than a decade ago in hopes that one of his seven children will one day run the team. "As many in the Denver community and around the National Football League have speculated, my husband, Pat, has very bravely and quietly battled Alzheimers disease for the last few years. He has elected to keep his condition private because he has strongly believed, and often said, Its not about me," Annabel Bowlen said in a statement Wednesday. "Pat has always wanted the focus to be solely on the Denver Broncos and the great fans who have supported this team with such passion during his 30 years as owner. My family is deeply saddened that Pats health no longer allows him to oversee the Broncos, which has led to this public acknowledgment of such a personal health condition," she added. "Alzheimers has taken so much from Pat, but it will never take away his love for the Denver Broncos and his sincere appreciation for the fans." The team issued a statement offering "our full support, compassion and respect to Mr. B, who has faced Alzheimers disease with such dignity and strength." Business is expected to go on as usual at Broncos headquarters. Bowlen had reduced his public appearances in recent years, although he was still a fixture at the teams Dove Valley complex and at all of its games. After acknowledging in 2009 that he suffered short-term memory loss, he stepped back from day-to-day operations in 2011 when he promoted Ellis to president. For the first time this off-season, Ellis represented the Broncos at the annual owners meetings. Under Bowlens guidance, the Broncoos won six AFC titles and two Super Bowls.dddddddddddd At 307-203-1, Bowlen and New York Giants founder Tim Mara are the only three-decade owners in pro football history to win 60 per cent of their games. The Broncos 186 home victories are the most in the NFL since he bought the team in 1984, when John Elway was his quarterback, not his front office chief, and the Broncos five losing seasons during those 30 years are the fewest in the league over that span. Elway, now the teams general manager, once said Bowlens competitive nature as a triathlete when he was younger translated into his business life "and how he ran the Broncos." Bowlen was known as much for his humility as his competitive fire, doing his best to stay out of the spotlight even as he built a winning culture and a fan base that extends throughout the Rocky Mountain region. His style endeared him to employees and players alike. "Words cant express the love, respect & gratitude I have for Pat Bowlen. He set the standard for team ownership. Keep Mr. B in your prayers," former Broncos receiver Ed McCaffrey tweeted. When Bowlen received the Mizel Institutes 2013 Community Enrichment Award, Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe said: "I would be hard-pressed to believe that theres an owner that cares more about his city, about his state, about his players than Mr. Bowlen does." Hall of Famer Gary Zimmerman said he realized Bowlen was a different type of owner when he signed up for a turkey his first Thanksgiving in Denver, thinking it was all a joke. "Then I come into the locker room and theres Pat sticking turkeys into our lockers," Zimmerman recounted. During Peyton Mannings whirlwind free agency tour in 2012, Zimmerman said, he knew any other teams pursuing the four-time MVP were just wasting their time. "I knew hed be a Bronco before he did," Zimmerman said, "because once he visited here and met with Mr. Bowlen, I knew there was no way he could go anywhere else." Wholesale Jerseys  Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Authentic Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Gib hier deine Antwort zum Beitrag ein.

Bitte den Code im Bild in das Feld eingeben. Dies ist nötig, um automatisierte Spambots zu stoppen.
(Keine Beachtung von Groß- und Kleinschreibung)

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste