index » REGELN » MITGLIEDER » PROFIL » TEAM » RESERVIERUNGEN » AVATARE » LISTEN «
Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

// With the British and Irish Lions tour of New Zealand only 15 months away, competition
« Unregistered »
Kein Icon für Gäste!
17.01.2018, 08:28 (Uhr)
With the British and Irish Lions tour of New Zealand only 15 months away, competition for places is already beginning to heat up. Speaking on the Rugby Club Agenda, former Lion Alex Corbisiero discussed who, on current form, would make his pack.Here are his choices... 1. Jack McGrath (Ireland)You have got two great English looseheads in [Joe] Marler and Mako [Vunipola], but both have been trading starts and neither have had that stellar game yet.Jack McGrath has been under Cian Healy for a while now, but he is really starting to grow in that role. He is starting to do a lot of things Cian does well: ball carrying, his work rate in the loose, his set piece has come on well.I thought Ireland scrummaged very well against England. He had to deal with Dan Cole and that is a good measuring stick of how a prop is coming along on the chain. 2. Dylan Hartley (England)He has been the spearhead of the England [Six Nations] campaign. Especially the last two games, he really rose to the challenge. I know how good a leader he is and I know he has got that edge to him, but I think fatherhood has given him another layer and he seems to control that edge and channel it.He has got the weight of the nation on his shoulders and he hasnt disappointed. His experience is massive. 3. Dan Cole (England)He has been the rock of England for a long time and is very experienced. There are a lot of young suitors on the charge, but there is no one quite ready who is playing who has taken that mantle from him yet. He has been on a Lions tour and he knows what its about. 4. Maro Itoje (England)This is a future world-class superstar in the making. Im excited at the thought of where he is going to be, come the end of next season when the Lions tour kick off. He is just in his infancy as an international player, but he is not far off that world-class bracket. Im excited about him. 5. Alun-Wyn Jones (Wales)I played with him in the Lions of 2013 and I have got the utmost respect for him as a leader, as a character. His work rate, his experience, his team talks, all the things that he brings - I want him in my team. He is my rock behind my tighthead. His scrummaging weight as well; he ticks all those boxes. 6. Taulupe Faletau (Wales)He is a versatile back row. His work rate is second to none for a back row, so he is able to play No 6. He is good in the air at the lineout, so you are not losing by picking almost another No 8 in your back row, and he is also very good over the ball, which he has shown over the years. 7. Sam Warburton (Wales)When fit, when healthy, he is a top-quality international No 7. He can spoil the ball and playing with him gave me a real respect for him. His main skill is he is first to everything. If there is a spilled ball, he is first on it; if there is a breakdown opportunity, he strikes on it.He is a great player, a great leader and he has captained a Lions series already. He is captain of Wales and I want that experience in my team. 8. Billy Vunipola (England)He has been one of the real stand-outs of this [Six Nations] competition. He is really growing into this England squad, he has nailed down that No 8 shirt, he looks like he is enjoying it, he has got the confidence and he is going out there and physically imposing himself on everyone.I want him over there in New Zealand going out there and stomping the yard and matching their physicality with his X-factor. Billy Vunipola makes a now trademark charge Honourable mentionsIve picked no Scots and some people might give me a bit of criticism for that, but there are number of them that made honourable mentions. At loosehead, Alasdair Dickinson is definitely there or thereabouts, but its a really congested position. Rob Evans at Wales has really grown into that role as well.In the second row, Ive got Johnny Gray from Scotland. Johnny has really grown into that role, but Maros form over the last two games especially has pipped him into my squad. John Hardie at No 7 has really stood out for me, but Warburtons experience and being on a Lions tour pipped the No 7 shirt.Do you agree with Corbisieros selection? Let us know who would be in your pack by leaving a comment below, or for app users, by tweeting @SkySportsRugby. Also See: Englands Six Nations stars Corbisiero: Itoje a future captain Too soon for Webb? Sky Sports Rugby podcast George Brett Royals Jersey. Catch the game on TSN starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. Tampa Bay currently holds the last of the Atlantics three automatic bids to the playoffs, but the Maple Leafs are just one point behind. Frank White Royals Jersey. Philippe Desrosiers stopped 42 shots through overtime and three more in the shootout to pick up his third shutout of the season for Rimouski (31-15-7). Zachary Fucale made 28 saves for Halifax (34-17-3) in the loss. . Spencer Abbott and Trevor Smith scored third-period goals erasing a 2-1 deficit giving Toronto a late 3-2 lead. Alcides Escobar Jersey.ca! Hi Kerry, Im sure youve received many emails wondering what your take is on the Spezza goal that looked like Neil blatantly kicked it in while standing directly in the middle of the crease where, you know, usually a goalie is to make a save but couldnt be due to Neil being there! Thanks! Jon - Westfield, MA Jon: Lets first ask Henrik Lundqvist what he thought of the scoring of the Sens second goal with . Kelvin Herrera Royals Jersey. His right arm rested in a sling and was encased in a cast from above the elbow to his hand. "Im excited," Fernandez said with a grin. CHICAGO -- The Chicago Blackhawks kick-started their league-leading offence by holding on to the puck -- and shutting down New Jersey defensively. Patrick Sharp scored twice and Patrick Kane, Bryan Bickell and Nick Leddy also connected to lead Chicago to a 5-2 win over the Devils on Monday night. Stephen Gionta and Michael Ryder had goals for the Devils, whose season-high four-game point streak (3-0-1) ended. New Jersey was lucky to get those two scores -- off a failed clearing attempt and a close-in turnover -- as Chicago outshot the Devils 37-12, and controlled the puck and the play. "I thought it was one of our better games all year as far as puck possession, directing plays," Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said. "I thought we did everything we were looking to do in the game. I liked their energy, I liked their thought process, our purpose." The Blackhawks spent little time in their zone. With only a couple of exceptions, they moved the puck to their forwards efficiently and left the Devils. Sharp, who recorded his third two-goal game this season, was one of the beneficiaries. "It starts with the defence making great plays in the D-zone," he said. "Weve had great forwards here for a while that want the puck and want to score goals." The 25-year-old Kane has been better offensively this season, his seventh in the NHL. He has points in 12 straight games, matching his career high -- set earlier this season and just before his run. Kane has seven goals and 14 assists in his streak, and at least one point in all but one of his past 25 games, helping him climb into second in the NHL scoring race behind Pittsburghs Sidney Crosby. "If we can play defence like that every night, I think youre going to see more scores like that," he said. Bickells goal was his first since Nov. 10, but he missed 14 of Chicagos 19 games during that span with a knee injury. Chicago rookie Antti Raanta blocked 10 shots in his seventh straight start -- all since Blackhawks top goalie Corey Crawford suffered a lower-body injury on Dec. 8. He faced the fewest shots against Chicago in a game this season. New Jerseys Cory Schneider made 32 saves. "Theyre a relentless team," Schneider said. "They dont give up on the puck and theyre always trying to force turnovers. They didnt take their foot off the gas. "We just didnt play at the level we need to play to compete." The Blackhawks outshot the Devils 12-2 in the first period and led 1-0 after 20 minutes. Sharp opened the scooring at 12:59 when he snapped off a 40-foot shot from the left boards.dddddddddddd. New Jersey defenceman Mark Fayne reached toward the puck with his right glove, but deflected it past Schneider. One of the Devils two shots in the period was a dump-in from their own blue line while killing a penalty. Gionta tied it at 1 at 5:37 of the second on a deflection at the doorstep and the Devils fourth shot on goal. Following a failed Chicago clearing attempt on the left boards, Jon Merrill fired from the top of the slot. The puck struck the skate of Blackhawks defenceman Michael Kostka, then ticked in off Giontas stick. Kane put Chicago back ahead 2-1 just over 2 minutes later when he drove to the net and slammed in a rebound of Leddys shot. Schneider made a glove save on Leddys drive from the slot, but it dropped to the ice and Kane plowed over Devils defenceman Marek Zidlicky to score. Bickell made it 3-1 with 7:33 left in the period, connecting on a rising, screened shot from the right circle after taking a feed from Brandon Saad. Ryder swept in a backhand 59 seconds into the third to cut it 3-2 after he picked off a clearing pass by Chicago defenceman Brent Seabrook. The Devils managed to come back from a two-goal deficit against Washington on Saturday to win in overtime. The Blackhawks didnt let that happen. "Tonight we gave away way too much space and way too much opportunity to move the puck as well," Ryder said. "Were pretty stingy on defence usually, and tonight we got away from that and tonight it shows on the scoreboard." Set up by Marian Hossas stretch pass, Sharp scored his second goal on a breakaway at 5:54 to extend Chicagos lead to 4-2. He took the feed at centre ice, streaked in alone and fired a low shot under Schneiders glove. Leddys power-play goal, on a drive from the top of the circle with 7:01 left, completed the scoring. Sharp narrowly missed a hat trick, firing the puck off the post with 39 seconds left. NOTES: Crawford has resumed skating and is expected to start practicing after Christmas, according to Quenneville. ... Giontas goal was his second in four games after not scoring in his first 20 games this season. ... Devils RW and leading scorer Jaromir Jagr was held without a point for the first time in seven games. ... New Jersey RW Damien Brunner missed his second game with a lower-body injury and C Andrei Loktionov sat out his second with an illness. ... Montreal Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin, who used to work in the Blackhawks front office, attended the game. Wholesale Jerseys  Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Authentic Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Antworten

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste